Savezombies.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Savezombies.com

It is time we stand up for equal rights!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with up and coming artist STRega

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob~
The Leader!
Bob~

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Interview with up and coming artist STRega Empty
PostSubject: Interview with up and coming artist STRega   Interview with up and coming artist STRega EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 am

Hello STRega and thank you for taking the time to chat with us here at savezombies.com.

What first sparked your interest in becoming an artist?
I was way too weird to do anything else.

What are the different types of art that you currently do?
I am a totally free form artist. I do whatever comes to mind at the time. It's completely gut reaction art. Most of my work is abstract on canvas, but I also like to sculpt, make films, and a lot of mixed media art. Even my realism is somewhat sureal and abstract.

What would you consider to be your favorite? And why?
My favorite is always whatever I'm working on at the time. My least favorite is whatever I've just finished. I'm never satisfied. My theory is that any art that is not experimental is not worth doing.

What famous artists have influenced you, and how?
I try not to be influenced, but I do admire Jackson Pollick, Salvatore Dali, Peter Max, Puablo Picasso, Rob Zombie and OT3P.

What other interests do you have outside of creating art?
I love film. I'm a writer and have written several horror screenplays that I hope to see on the screen some day. My goal is to see butts squirm in theater seats and know that I caused it. I'm also an organic gardener, love creating unique rooms in my house and I'm an absolute overboard Alice Cooper fan.

What inspires you to create art and how do you keep motivated when things get tough?
Inspiration comes from everywhere. I don't really need motivation because I'm constantly in a state of creation. It's impossible for me to stop creating new things. I find things at thrift stores and garbage on curbsides and they call me to create something out of them.

How have you handled the business side of being an artist?
Not very well. Everybody tells me that I underprice my work. I guess I find it more important to share the work than to make money. It's really all about having fun and supplying that fun to people who appreciate the same kind of twisted stuff that I find fun.

How would your life change if you were no longer allowed to create art?
I'd be dead.

What advice would you give to an artist just starting out?
Just do it. Yoko Ono once said that everybody's an artist and everybody is god. It's just that most people are inhibited. I agree with her philosophy completely. Just put yourself out there. Don't be afraid. Art is like standing in the middle of a busy intersection naked. You have to be willing to let the world see all your beauty and ugliness.
What made you come up with the idea for your zombie babies?
When I saw the remake of Dawn of the Dead and that one zombified chick had her baby and it popped up and went Aaaaaaah! I saw that thing and I said, "I want one of those!" So I started making them.

What sparked your interest in zombies?
Night of the Living Dead changed my life. I first saw that movie when it was fairly new and I was a little kid. It totally freaked me out, and I liked it. George Romero is a god!

Where all can people go to get their very own zombie babie?
Go to my ebay page: http://myworld. ebay. com/stregawise/

Have you or do you make special zombie babies per request?
I haven't, but now that you mention it, it sounds like a good idea. Any takers?

LOL Thank you for your time STRega and we look forward to seeing more of your art Smile

Bob~
Back to top Go down
http://savezombies.com

Page 1 of 1