Savezombies.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Savezombies.com

It is time we stand up for equal rights!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
daszombie
SlowZombie
daszombie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films Empty
PostSubject: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:40 am

Only through understanding in the media will zombies be able to maintain their independance... The proliferation of films highlighting the undead culture is essential... with that in mind:

Here is my top ten Zombie Flicks...

1. Dawn Of The Dead - Romero's Jewel in the crown of a ground breaking tradition in zombie films... This is the king shit of zombie flicks people... if you don't think so you haven't watch it enough times yet... there are many great levels to this film...
2. Night of the living Dead (1990) Savini's remake surpasses the origional in my mind, because like many zombie lovers, I love gore... And this film delivers... the modernizin of the characters is brilliant...
3. Return of the living dead Pt.1 - This film finally sees the sensitive side of the zombie... They tell us their hopes and ambitions and love... of braaaaains... This film is a great comedy, a great horror and a punk classic of the 80s... good for multiple wtaches...
4.Re-Animator - Herbert west is a zombie Hero... he knows the importance of the zombie and makes many of them in his creepy experiments... There is a gorefactor of 9 if you haven't checked out this film you should...
5. 28 Days Later - Although many dispute the zombie in this movie, i fail to see how it isn't a zombie film... the fast and scary pace of this movie rocks my socks...
6. Dead Alive - In Canada they releaed and R rated version of this film first and it was 46 minutes shorter than the origionally release version... It's fucking hilarious from Peter Jackson (The LOTR dude)
7. Army of Darkness - Bruce Campbell is hilarious fighting of an army of the undead in this third part of the evil dead trilogy...
8. Shaun of the Dead- A very funny British Zombie flick... There are great one liners that you can quote with your friends and all have a good laugh around the watercooler with... nice level of zombie and FX too...
9. Resident Evil 2- I loved the games and have enjoyed the resident evil series very much... number two is my favourite though... I love the intensity of it and the zombie levels are sweet...
10. Dawn of the Dead (2004) Very nice... 28 Dawns of the Dead Later is what my friends dubbed this film... it takes the best parts of two zombie flicks and makes them this new fangtastic flick I liked it alot...

Whenever I post a top ten list someone always has one that I have forgotten or strongly disagrees with my postings... well no need to cry about it... put it down for the rest of us to see... You have a voice... lets hear it!!! Your friend Hawkboy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daszombieproductions
Evergrnterrace
Advanced Zombie

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

I would have to say that the entire Dead series should be considered as one entity. It would work the best, in my opinion, since each of them is phenomenal. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitehairproductions.com
daszombie
SlowZombie
daszombie

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:59 am

The dead series are promiment on my top 25 but in my top ten I'm afraid ownly Dawn and the two big remakes make my top ten... Romero is the king of the dead though and it's only because there are so many great zombie movies out there that Night, Day and Land are not prominent on this list...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/daszombieproductions
Evergrnterrace
Advanced Zombie

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:20 am

That's why I just place them as one whole, lol...

I'm a fan of the Resident Evil movies... I really like 1 and 2.. 3 kind of killed, but it was still pretty good...

I dunno.. I really liked Diary of The Dead, too.. Though I don't view that so much as a part of the Dead saga or whatever the hell it is now.. Razz

I think for the style of shooting they used, it was incredible. And would most definitly make my top 15, at the very least.

I think I'd have to rewatch all of my favorite zombie movies to chronilogically order them as faves, though..

I suppose it's a goal, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitehairproductions.com
nikkifixx
Zombie royalty
nikkifixx

Number of posts : 335

PostSubject: Re: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films EmptyFri May 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I concure with Hawkboy. Twisted Evil

I feel that the "Living Dead" franchise is the cornerstone of the modern day zombie movie genre. While the 2004 release of 'Dawn' was great in it's re-visualization I feel it fell short on the satirical point of the 1978 original. The 1990 release of 'Night' was awesome for Hawkboys listed reasons as well as the turn around of Barbara and well Tony Todd was intense as always.

I was obsessed with 'Return of the Living Dead' when I was about 13. I went into my video rental place everyday after school begging for the poster. I got it, a boot-legged video and the record. It had everything I was into at the time. Punk, zombies, Pathmark (it was one of my local super markets at the time) man James Karen and world destruction. Besides we still wanted to see James Karen get it because of Poltergeist. I still have the record, as well as the CD and DVD now Wink

As for the controvercy with 28 Days Later...I feel it's a moot point. A zombie is a re-animated corpse with no soul or mind of it's own. Traditionally it's re-animation is due to some kind of voodoo and ment to do the bidding of another, usually the one who wanted it brought back in the first place. The modern zombie doesn't usually have someone elses agenda to work on. They just want to fill that un quenching hunger that only flesh and or brains can fill.

Do you call liquid paper or liquid correction fluid anything other than 'White-Out'? Because you know only 'White-Out' is 'White-out', it's trademarked. If a corpse is re-animated who cares how it got that way. Hey, if it shuffles like a zombie and grunts like a zombie...it's a zombie. Those who disagree No need to suck it up.

I saw 'Evil Dead 2' for the first time in France with english sub-titles. I still laughed my ass off. I have been a fan of Bruce Cambell ever since. 'Amry of Darkness' is by far the most polished of the three. It's amazing what a few more bucks can do for you What a Face lol!

What I liked best about 'Shaun of the Dead' was the fact that they tested one of my own personal theories on how to get around zombies. They tried to blend in by acting like them. So it didn't work out so well but hey they tried. I thought that perhaps if they had made themselves smell and look more zombie like it would have been better. I can't hink of a time I've ever seem a zombie eating another zombie. geek I have been told that it wouldn't make a differece though since humans are corporial and as long as you've got blood pumping through your system you're done for. Zombies like the other undead have a keen sense of hearing and they'll get you anyway. geek

Kudos have to be given to the 'Resident Evil' games as well as movies (I did not care for 3). They have brought the zombie genre into the light of maistream cinema. There are so many recent and new movies out there...I can't wait to sink my teeth in and take a BIG bite outta them. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/punkskulls
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films   Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawkboy's Top Ten Zombie Films
Page 1 of 1